Tuesday 22 February 2011

10 weeks to go.

Well then, 10 weeks to go and I make absolutely no apology for my choice of image!
So on with the running.  I was feeling a bit sore in the legs after Sunday's 10 miler but knew that I had to get out last night as there are a few targets I'm going for this week.  Firstly I still want to keep up the four runs a week regime, but as I'm taking Mrs. Beast away for a romantic weekend in the Cotswolds I won't be able to run on Saturday or Sunday, meaning I'll have to fit them all in before then.  (Oh the irony of pissing her off by being out running every night, just so that I can take her away on a romantic weekend afterwards!).  Secondly I am in touching distance of 100 miles for February, the biggest mileage I've ever clocked in a month by far, God I just can't resist a stat- related goal!  So to mix it up a bit I decided to do an alternative seven miler (click if you're interested).  I started deliberately slowly as my ankles were creaking a bit, but got up to a comfortable speed after a couple of miles and finished in 1:06:07.  I'm feeling a bit knackered today and I'm fully aware of the importance of rest days/weeks, so I'm going to just push on through to the end of those two targets and then make next week a bit of a recovery week.  So another seven miler ahead of me tonight, better have a kip on the train on the way home!
P.S. Good luck to Jim at the Consultant tomorrow! (S)

No comments:

Post a Comment