Friday 18 February 2011

Hey Mr Consultant I kneed to know the knowledge on my knee....


And cough......

Apologies dear readers for my lack of update on the crunching knee. I am now relatively pain free, apart from night times, and am back to work at intervals sat at the desk. Current understanding is the meniscus is damaged, restricting the movement of the knee. Always feel like it is just about to go again, so am being very careful.
The lesson for me, I guess, is not to overdo it with exercise, Kerry and I in the same boat! Have to say I am bored to tears with being house bound and am missing my work travel, but am getting some great support from mates via e-mail and calls, which are excellent thankyou.

For sure the Mighty Gunners' victory this week was a real highlight, and a great night even if my wife did remove herself upstairs to bed because the football was on!  My daughter and boyfriend, both Gooners, and I sat in the living room shouting and cheering and waving scarves at the TV. Wayhay what a night. Have to say my texting live with Steve Strutbrother, who was at the match, was great and made up for not being there to a degree...cheers Stevie!
And I am sure you will all agree with me, he is now running for two, and doing a stalwart job in training for the GWR half. Keep it going mucky legs, and keep on blogging your efforts, brings me out in a sweat just reading the hill work!
So next week brings physio part 2 on Tuesday and the consultant appointment on Wednesday to see if any surgery is required, so will come back to you with a further update next week.
Have great weekends, Steve I will virtually join you on a run, you are tasked with finding a portable run cam for the blog!!
Is it beer o'clock yet?

1 comment:

  1. Recovery time from that sort of knee injury can be considerable.

    ReplyDelete