Saturday 5 February 2011

Hills in the morning.

Mornings and hills... Two of my least favourite things.  And in a moment of synchronicity they came together to usher in the weekend.  Due to a visit from my mother-in-law last night I ended up staying in and postponing what was originally Thursday's hill session until this morning.  I woke up mentally ready to do the session but in retrospect I'm not so sure I was ready physically.  It was all a bit too early after a night of steak, chips and red wine. And a box of Maltesers.  God I love Maltesers, there's something about that malty goodness.  Anyway I'm in a Murder Mystery play tonight and was heading off for the dress rehearsal at 10am, so I had to do the run early or it might not have happened.  The warm up run was OK, I took it pretty easy, stopping for a few stretches, the hills themselves weren't too bad and the warm down, complete with some more stretching was painless enough.  It was just that I felt generally knackered and slow.  The whole 4.1 miles took 44:45 which is fairly irrelevant as today wasn't about the time.  As I blogged with the last hill session I'm going to start focusing on improving the hill reps themselves which today took 15:19, so we'll see how that changes over the weeks.
It's good to see Jimbo back in the blogosphere, fingers crossed for a favourable outcome fella!  Finally today I have a shout-out to my old mates Andy and Wozza from South Wales, they've also signed up for the Great West Run, so I hope to include some updates on their progress along the way too.  Have a great weekend one and all! (S)

No comments:

Post a Comment