Saturday 12 March 2011

Twingey Twingeson.

So my second recovery run was four miles on Wednesday and I'm glad to report that all went well again.  I didn't push it too hard and it was nice to feel that there was plenty left in the tank.  It's going to take a couple of weeks before you start to lose fitness but it was still good to push on for the last mile and be breathing normally within 30 seconds or so after finishing.
I had Thursday as a rest day and then planned my week's long run for Friday as I had the day off work.  After spending the morning glued to the TV watching the awful scenes unfold in Japan, and several hours in the afternoon of DIYing (yes, really!  I'm rebuilding the steps up to our front door, surprising I know!), I finally headed off about 5pm.  I was going to do the whole run cross country, but it was too late and subsequently too dark for that, so after 5 miles across the Downs I came back to the light and finished off the 10.25 miles on the road.  It wasn't fast but I felt good, so with the Fleet Half only a week away I must admit I was a little relieved. However this morning I jumped out of bed a bit too quickly and tweaked my hamstring!  (Ah, I see, another cryptic picture!) DOH!!!  I had to get Mrs. R to rub a load of Deep Heat into the offending part (ooh err!) and now take it easy and see how it is tomorrow!  Laters... (S)

No comments:

Post a Comment