Monday 31 January 2011

13 weeks to go.

Well thirteen is certainly unlucky for some. I'm feeling a bit down about Jim's injury but undoubtedly nowhere near as down as Jim himself.  Gutted would be nearer the mark but he has pledged to blog his road to recovery.  It is a sad fact of life with runners that injuries happen, I read somewhere that in any year 60% of us will get an injury of some kind, it's just really unlucky for Jim that his is such a bad one.  However I have no doubt that he will be back stronger than ever and his blogged rehabilitation will hopefully be of use to other runners reading this and having to go through something similar.  Although a trip to the consultant (probably this week) will tell us more we are preliminarily pencilling in the Cardiff Half in October as Jim's "comeback" race.  Anyway, on a brighter note I went out on my new 6.4miler (Linky linky) in my new Asics Kinsei 3 shoes.  God I love them!  They felt really great from the off and no new shoe roughness at all.  Brilliant!  The run itself went pretty well too, it was pigging cold but after a very gentle warm up I went for a steady pace but deliberately throttled back when it came to the uphills, no point in going mad today.  I finished in 1:02:22 or 9:45 mins per mile so really happy with that.  I felt strong in the leg and lung and really enjoyed the run tonight.  It's a rest day tomorrow and then I'm going to do the same route again on Wednesday, hopefully a bit quicker.  TTFN. (S)

No comments:

Post a Comment