Sunday 16 January 2011

Sunday Spire.


After a couple of rest days I decided to get out and do my "Spire" run today.  It's a 5.81 mile cross country run that takes me the back way up to Walton on the Hill, under the M25 up to the church at Headley (the "Spire" that gives the route its name), back up "Dunlop Hill" (a notorious almost mile long uphill drag), through Walton, past Mere Pond and back to Tadworth via the RAT Woods.  Link to route map It's an old run of mine and because of its hilly nature and often muddy terrain I've used it many times as a marker as to how my training is going.  I've always found it a lot tougher than a normal road run of the same length, and any time under a hour is good.  Today, only a couple of weeks into my new regime, I clocked 1:00:43 so Thursday's hill session obviously paid dividends!  I was well pleased with that but as I sit here writing this several hours later my legs are feeling rather stiff and I know I've done some work today!  Anyway, that's Week 2 in the bag, four runs again and 15.85 miles completed.  Off to rest my weary bones now so goodnight one and all. (S).

No comments:

Post a Comment