Thursday 27 January 2011

Good evening Curate, that's a lovely egg you have there.

So tonight was the same hill session that I've done a couple of times over the last fortnight.  And it was a bit of a curate's egg of a session, that is to say good in parts but not so good in others.  The good bits ironically were the hills, they are definately getting easier, to the point that I'm now planning on how I can get more out of the reps.  Initially it's just been about getting up the hill ten times without collapsing, now I'm considering paying more attention to the actual time it takes to complete that bit of the session.  The bad bit was my calves afterwards.  They cramped up so spectacularly on the mile home that I actually had to stop and spend a couple of minutes stretching them out before finishing the run. The only thing I can say is that it was pretty cold out there tonight so that probably didn't help, but either way not good.  However, overall not a bad run, 3.73 miles in 40:12 so better than last week's hills.  Onwards and upwards my little pamplemousses! (S)

No comments:

Post a Comment