Tuesday 11 January 2011

Run number one is doneth!!

JIm update - The shoes were donned and the hi vis zipped up and I hit the road for run number one! 3 pounds lighter than I was this itme last week, I realise that I will feel far more sprightly when I have lost a lot more. I started slowly, and flet as if I had lead weightsa around my ankles but that soon shifted as my breath got into rhythm and hey presto I was back on the raod again (singing Reo Speedwagon song). I aimed for a 2 miler round the block jobby, but did that and felt so good I tuened round and went back round again. Steve 'GPS Speed King' would have been way if front of me, but I managed 4 miles in 52 minutes, which I was very pleased with seeming as it was before the clocks went back since I have run last. So, I have begun, and loved it I have to say. The rhythm of the breath, the silence, beingovertaken by a jogger who was 80 (I swear!!), and the triumph of seeing home looming in the distance. Off to Glasgow tomorrow, up at 4.30am, I just hope that I can walk....will update from och aye the noo land......

No comments:

Post a Comment