Saturday 8 January 2011

Ah, I remember the good old days...

when I'd come home on a Friday night, after a hard week's work and commuting, and would settle down on the couch with Kerry to enjoy a relaxed evening with a couple of cheeky bottles of something red.  Quiet, gentle, chilled.  But not last night, oh no.  Not to be thwarted by arriving home too late to go to the gym Kerry had dragged out her Wii and done an hour of hard cardio, (which she backed up with a full session in the gym today, leaving her aching all over!). So I had no choice really, I had to go out and have a run.  I decided to up it very slightly, so headed off on my old trusty 3 mile route.   It was cold when I started and chucked it down for the last mile, but I really enjoyed it!  My breathing felt so much better after 4 days off the fags and I went round in 28:33 or 9:31 pace, so well pleased with that.  Felt good pretty much all the way through and finished strongly.  Happy!  Had today (Saturday) as a rest day and will go out and do something tomorrow.  Sitting here enjoying the BUPA Great Edinburgh Cross Country on tele so I reckon I could be pulling on the Trabuccos tomorrow! (S).

No comments:

Post a Comment