Sunday 23 January 2011

One hill, two hill, three hill, four!

Well I cannot get the server to accept my pictures for the blog - Steve is there a secret? After a week of being away with work in Glasgow, dinner in Janie Oliver's Italian on Wednesday evening, followed by last night's dinner of 5 pints of Young's Special Ale, meatballs and liver and bacon I knew as I awoke this sunny morn it was time to don the running gear. The weight loss is still going ok, am sub 17 stone and have hit the half stone lost marker, onwards and upwards.
Talking of upwards, I decided it was time to take in some hills, of various difficulty, and mapped a route in my head to do today. 4 hills, with various levels of difficulty. Hill one starts gradually and then is steep and short and went fine. A nice down hill stretch ensues, the great Willsbridge Hill, which I will return to when I run up it next (a killer). Hill two, Cherry Gardens, a long steep hill of half a mile, but went fine. Hill three and gradual climb, goes on and on and on, but again was ok, 5 miles in now, and I decided to add another hill, Greenbank, a hill schizophrenic hill of various stages and steepness, getting worse as you get to the top. Phew that was it, I was done, and a nice downhill mile and a bit back home.
This was my longest run in ages, 7.2 miles in 1 hour 28 mins, 12 minute miles again, happy with that at this stage. Half would be done in 2.5 hours, which was my initial estimate, but one I have more miles under the belt that will drop.
The sun was shining, the breeze was cool, and my mind cleansed itself of the week and entered that wonderful blissful state, when your breathing it regular and controlled, you are hot and in the zone, yeh this is the life!Bit achy now but that's the joy of knowing you have had a good long run.
Yes, this is the life.

No comments:

Post a Comment