Wednesday 26 January 2011

She wore, she wore...

She wore a yellow ribbon,
She wore a yellow ribbon in the merry month of May,
And when,
I asked,
Oh why she wore that ribbon,
She said its for the Arsenal and we're going to Wembley,
Wembley,
Wembley,
We're the famous Arsenal and we're going Wembley!
OK so I know this is a running blog and not a footie one but as I said from the off it would be the musings of a couple of 40 somethings, who both just happen to be Gooners.  So it would be remiss of me not to make a passing reference to the boys reaching their first Wembley final for 13 years after finally seeing off the Tractor Boys 3-0 at the Emirates last night.  Hurrah for that and fingers crossed for February 27th! 

Well back to the running and I went out on my Tadworth Court long route tonight (clickeroo for the route) 4.77miles which I did as a tempo run.  I didn't feel as good as Monday, a bit tighter in the chest, a bit heavier in the leg but pushed on and it wasn't too bad at all, finishing in 45:40.  Unlike my charging tiger of a mate Jim, I'd forgotten my earphones and left them at work, so no inspirational music for me, just the sound of my own asthmatic wheezing, vigorous snotting and incomprehensible jeers from a small group of adolescent hoodlums hanging out at the bus stop.  I know there's very little to do in Tadworth if you're a teenager so a few insults hurled at an overweight, balding middle-aged man shuffling along in a dayglo yellow jacket and lycra would be too good an opportunity to miss!  Bless their cottons.  Tomorrow I'm back on the dreaded hill session, so let's hope it's like the first week and not like last week's effort.  Laters gaters. (S)

No comments:

Post a Comment