Wednesday 26 January 2011

We love sweaty, sweaty muldoon, dear old sweaty, sweaty muldoon..

Well shiver me timbers and grapple me grape nuts, I decided to take an additional rest day yesterday after doing something strange to my knee when out with the dogs on Sunday afternoon. Well, there is something to be said for a great Arsenal victory last night and changing ones tunes on one's ipod.

The mighty Magnum have replaced my last lot of tunes and what an effect! I mapped a 5.25 mile run last week, fairly flat, with a few undulations, and on 15th did it in 1.04.59 .....well tonight thanks to the great Bob Catley I did it in exactly an hour!! I have to say I was inspired by Steve's lamppost spurts (I am sure you can get arrested for that) and tried lengthening my stride as well as speeding up going down hill. Nasty when you push it when it makes you feel a bit queasy but it soon passes.

Loving being back on the legs and getting fit again, there's a kinda buzz about it. Don't think I will ever get to iron man status Darren! You never know. I'd love to be able to tell all of the overweight and unfit middle aged men how easy it is to eat healthily and exercise to get fit. And boy does it make you feel good. Stress and depression fizzle away, burn it off. Grrrr. Far too much testosterone kicking around now. Calm down tiger....

I can also report another THREE pounds lost this last week, giving a grand total of 8 pounds so far, so I have hit the first half stone lost woohoo!! Yes I have been here before, and following the slimming world diet agian, but not going to the meetings. No intention of going back to being big again, some of my 'new' old clothes are starting to fit again phew, and I feel less wobbly. Good news all round.

OK well over to 'Quick Legs Magraw' Stevie-boy for his next speedy update I guess - toodle pip old sport!


No comments:

Post a Comment